With trails to run and water to splash in, Spruce Point Inn is a wonderful place to be a dog. As part of our commitment to provide the highest level of service to our guests, Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa welcomes dogs and owners alike in designated guest rooms.
There’s a $35 fee per dog, per day while your with us which is non-refundable and a few rules to keep in mind while vacationing with your four legged friend:
- Please keep them on a leash for safety reasons and town ordinance while outside the building
- Please do not leave your pet alone for more than an hour and a half (we want them to have just as much fun as you!)
- Maximum of two pets per room.
- Waste bags are located at the entry to the Inn’s trails and by the ice machine.
- Housekeepers will only clean the room if the room is empty.
- Pet owner/guest agrees that if their pet barks in the guest room and becomes a disturbance to other guests, Pet owner/guest must depart hotel at Management discretion.
- Pet owner accepts full responsibility for any and all liability, claims, losses, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) for personal injury or property damage that may result from the pet. The Company shall not bear any responsibility for the negligent or intentional acts of pet owner/guest or their pet which cause property damage to the facility or to the personal property of any other third persons, including, without limitation, the Company’s guests, customers, employees, and agents, or personal injury to any other third persons, including, without limitation, the Company’s guests, customers, employees, and agents utilizing Contractor’s services.
- Unless your pet is a service dog, they are not permitted in the Main Building, other than the lobby. With appropriate documentation, service animals are not subject to a daily pet fee but must abide by applicable pet etiquette guidelines.
Pet Friendly Boating Options:
Besides our private launch the Bright Line that is a complimentary boat trip with your pet on board, there are other pet friendly Boat Excursions that you can bring your dogs along, although they might not be complimentary. The Balmy Days Cruises and the Cap’n Fish’s Boat Tours are excursion boats that allow dogs on board and Black Jack Sport Fishing if you want your dogs to go fishing with you.
Dog Friendly Dining:
(Outdoor seating areas only)
- Spruce Point Inn’s Grandview Deck
- Cod’s Head Fish House and BBQ
- Mama D’s Café
- Mine Oyster
- Robinson’s Wharf
- Sarah’s Café
- The Boathouse Bistro
- Watershed Tavern and Brewery
Dog Friendly Fun:
The Boothbay Region Land Trust offers over 30 miles of pet-friendly hiking trails. Many of the stores in town will set out water bowls with fresh water for our canine friends and there is a wonderful pet outfitter located in town called Two Salty Dogs. Also, Dirty Bird Pottery has wheel-thrown functional stoneware pottery (including pet bowls).
Local Pet Sitters and Pet Facilities:
Pet Sitters 2021
- Paula Brown (Creature Comforts) – 207-380-5045
- Dianne Daniels (Pet Sitting) – 207-380-1536
- K Evans (Pet Sitting, Dog Walking) – 207-633-4924
Boarding & Dog Day Care
- Boothbay Canine – 207-633-3647
- The Coastal Dog – 207-882-6700
- Haggett Hill Kennels – 207-882-6709